Blogger Backgrounds

Monday, October 4, 2010

Life is a Garden...

Dig it... You Reap What You Sow... We have all heard these little phrases.

Yesterday morning I was baking some zucchini bread and as I was grating the zucchini I thought to myself how much we harvested this year. I thought about all the work that went into planting my gardening, weeding it, watering, and taking care of my plants, and then my harvest. The efforts I put into my garden yielded some nice results.

Life really is like a garden. The efforts you put forth in doing something in your life often bring pleasant results and when it does, you can enjoy the benefits of reaping something good in your life. But there are things, like the weather affects our garden and causes slow growth etc, that we have no control over.

When that happens, what do you do? Some people like to throw in the towel, others like to blame it on something else, there are many things you can do. Me? I like to do what I can with what I've got. Sometimes you just have to get creative and get your hands dirty.

Like this summer, it wasn't long enough and my squash didn't feel like growing, no matter how well I took care of it. But my zucchini did really well. I've managed to have too much zucchini and have found a new way to get my son to eat it! Sometimes life is like that too. Not everything goes as planned, but there are other things that will be abundantly pleasant. :D

Harvest your fruits and enjoy them!

No comments: