Blogger Backgrounds

Friday, October 1, 2010

Baking Time

It's October, the leaves are gold and falling off the trees, the nights are cold and mornings crisp.
The scent of burning fires floats through the air. It's Fall and you know what that means?

Baking time!

It's time to get out all those recipes for pies and breads and tasty treats we all like to nibble on.
The smell of baking bread and pies and cookies is one of the most wonderful smells ever. It reminds me of the times we would go to my grandmother's house for Thanksgiving or Christmas and she was always baking some kind of yummy bread.

This weekend I plan on baking another zucchini bread since that seems to be a favorite in my home and its the only way I can get my son to actually eat zucchini. haha!

I love this time of year... although, I could certainly do without the knowledge that winter is soon on its way and everything will be frozen and covered in white and the only smell will be the smell of the snow blower!

Have some hot apple pie and enjoy the scent!

No comments: