Blogger Backgrounds

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Farm Life

My little farm is growing quickly. When I was plowing this morning, I counted 20 chickens, 4 rabbits, 6 cows, 5 calves,2 horses, 5 turkeys, 2 sheep, 2 farm cats, 2 turtles, a duck, and 5 deer. My three tractors are parked neatly next to my little cottage and I have beautiful white roses growing out front. I just harvested my yellow roses and now my fields are plowed and ready for planting. I gathered all the eggs, milked all the cows, collected all the feathers, etc and made lots of money. Too bad it isn't all real. Yeah, okay, I will admit that I am addicted to the FarmVille game on Facebook. LOL

One day, however, I would like to have a successful farm. I would like to wake up early and milk the cows and know that I will be making a profit from the milk. I would like to also bring that fresh milk in with some freshly laid eggs and make breakfast for my family. One day, I will harvest my crops that will feed my animals and family and the excess would be sold at the local farmer's market. And one day I would like to ride the horses out into the pasture and watch the sunset on a warm summer night.

I have but only gotten a taste of farm life with our chickens - real chickens mind you, not cartoon chickens in the game. It was wonderful to have so many farm fresh eggs, they taste so much better than store bought. I got a taste of farm life when I grew my garden from seeds and harvested the vegetables with my own hands. There is something really great about knowing that you raised it all on your own. It's indescribable, but it makes you feel really good about yourself.

It's mid winter and unfortunately, I cannot plant my garden right now, so I suppose FarmVille will have to suffice until then. ;)

No comments: