Blogger Backgrounds

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Be Careful What You Wish For

I know that statement sounds very cliche. This week in my son's literature lessons we have been reading and discussing stories in which a character is allowed to make wishes. Things go wrong or the character is not so happy with his wish as they thought they would be and ends up dealing with the fallout of their wish. The moral or lesson of the story is, Be Careful What You Wish For.

I find myself wishing for something all the time, and for me, none of my petty wishes come true. It is more of a wishful hope I suppose. You know, I wish I could win the lotto, things like that. Well I'm certainly not going to win the lotto unless I play and I'm not playing because I don't have the money to waste on the lotto. Maybe when I'm 85 and about to die, then I'll buy a ticket. LOL

Wow, getting off topic. Anyway, there are several other things I would like to wish for, and I think about what the consequences might be if those things were to happen. I would hate to wish for a million dollars and someone died so that I could have that, or someone robbed a bank and dropped the money at my door. No that would not be good.

But there is one wish that I would really like. If it were to come true, then 90% of our stress would be gone and I could work on the other things that I would like to wish for. lol I think the consequences for the one wish would be tolerable. lol

I know you are wondering what is it that I want so bad that I am willing to take the consequences, but I'm not going to say. That is between me and "my genie of the magic lamp" so to speak, but when it happens, I will be sure to let the whole world know! In the meantime, I'll keep my wishes in my head. ;)

No comments: