Blogger Backgrounds

Sunday, March 29, 2009

A Result of Self Reflection

Last week I challenged you all to a Self Challenge. I even challenged myself to a little more self reflection over the past week.

Not only have all the challenges I have faced in life molded me into a strong and independent woman, they have also opened my eyes to a completely different world than what I grew up in. I have grown emotionally, physically, and mentally over the years and have experienced many many things. Many things that would normally drive a person "over the edge" per say. I see and ask myself, how many people are willing to live remote? How many people can actually do it for that matter? How many people can grow up in poverty and yet still be happy? How many people can put themselves through school and at the same time working 2 jobs and still find the time to study and make a 4.0 GPA? How many people can truly move forward with life after being attacked by another without fearing for their life? These are but a *few* things that have molded me into who I am today. So who am I?

"I'm a bitch, I'm a lover, I'm a child, I'm a mother, I'm a sinner, I'm a saint..."

Okay seriously though, I am a very strong, independent woman who relies on no one but herself, yet has the capacity and will to love another and give all that she has so that they can be happy. I'm a mother that will do anything to make sure that her son grows up to be a strong and independent man that knows the value of hard work and dedication. I'm lucky he has such a great role model, his daddy and my husband. I'm a best friend and soul mate. I'm an angel in disguise. I'm naughty but nice. I'm a sister and daughter. I'm a designer and a creator. I'm open minded and eager to learn. I'm proud of myself, but not driven by ego. I'm much much more than this and I am happy with who I have become and continue to become and I can't wait to see what's next in life that will help me grow even more.

So that's just a little bit...the rest I save for myself and those closest to me. What did you learn on your quick path to self discovery?

Happy Soul Searching!

No comments: