Blogger Backgrounds

Sunday, February 27, 2011

I Could Have Been a Millionaire

Cruising through the web this morning, I came across one of the oddest things. Cardboard furniture.

There is actual, REAL, cardboard furniture. People actually PAY for this cardboard furniture. And that's why I could have been a millionaire.

I think back on part of my life, a long long time ago, when I was living in Colorado Springs and I didn't have a dime to my name, okay, I still don't have a dime to my name, but that's beside the point. I rented a crappy little one room apartment underground that reeked of marijuana and cheap hamburger meat. No, I didn't smoke pot, everyone else in the building did. It was near the jail and we constantly had problems. It was awful, but I couldn't afford anything else. Including furniture.

In my attempt to make my dumpy apartment more homey, I used my cardboard boxes and a few small blankets to create furniture. I had assembled a couch, tv stand, and a bar stool. Okay, so it didn't really make the apartment feel very homey, but at least I had a couch - never mind if I sat on it, everything inside would be crushed. ha!

Had I stuck with it, I would have been a millionaire selling my cardboard furniture. Why oh why did I ever give it up?

No comments: