Blogger Backgrounds

Sunday, March 7, 2010

I finally passed the finish line!

Today I sit here before my computer trying to think of the next thing that I will be writing in my novel only to find that I have just finished it! While writing last night, I thought to myself, "I still have so much to write. This novel is going to be massive!"

But no! I actually found a good place to end the novel and better yet, there *is* still more to write, so I'm actually already working on the second novel! Go me! Now comes the harder part. Editing.

After spending four months writing this novel, I am somewhat attached to it and I don't want to loose ANY of it. It is all very essential to the story. But I know that my first draft has major grammatical errors and I know that I could rephrase a lot. I am sure that I will be bantering back and forth with myself and my pre-editor editor, my husband, and we'll toss around lots of plans and ideas. And I am sure that some of the story will be cut, much to my protests. I suspect the editing will take much longer than writing the actual novel.

I think the hardest part is going to be finding a publisher that is going to be interested in my book(s). So how do those famous authors come out of the blue?? Maybe I'll find out. At this point, I'm very excited about it. In about a month, I won't be so enthused. Three months from now, I will probably be irritated and in about 6 months I believe it will be a depressing time as I receive countless letters of "No!" Perhaps if I pre-program my mind I will not be so disappointed.

So on to the next chapter! HAHA!

No comments: