Blogger Backgrounds

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Routine

My husband and I were discussing routines last night. I like having a routine, I feel a little lost without one...though it doesn't have to be a rigid one. Flexibility is really awesome. Anyway, since my husband travels for his work, he isn't home every day and we were talking about what my routine was. So I gave it some thought...

Between 6-7 am I usually wake up and naturally the first thing I do is go to the bathroom.

The next thing I do is start a fire in the wood stove (in the winter obviously). While I'm getting the fire going, I turn on the computers and let them boot up.

By now, my son is usually getting up and it's about 7:45 am. We then feed all the animals and get our breakfasts.

It's now somewhere between 8 and 9 am and we start school. It takes a while to load my son's curriculum online, so I have that loading while he's eating breakfast. During this time, I check my email and a few of my favorite sites.

9am- 11am (usually) - Math, Spelling, Literature, and Language Skills fills much of this time. Sometimes it lasts longer. It all depends on my son's mood and the complexity of the lesson. Sometimes it takes a lot longer, other times, he's done by 10am.

Next we take a 30 minute break from school. This is recess time for my son - which he obviously loves. I take 15 minutes for a break and then start preparing for the next part of school.

More Language Skills, History, Art, German, and or Science comes next. These lessons are usually my son's favorites and don't take much time for him to complete. Most the time we will do two lessons and break for an hour lunch.

After lunch is over, we finish up school. It usually doesn't take too long because once again, what is left are my son's favorite lessons. Now we are pretty much finished with school and it's about 1:30 - 2pm.

Next is free time. Time my son plays, watches a movie, or play computer games. I break at this time and check a few more of my favorite websites, check my email, play with some graphics or play Sims 2.

3:30 - 4pm rolls around and it's time to start our afternoon chores. My son and I clean up, bring in firewood, feed the animals, and start thinking of what dinner is going to be.

After the chores have been done, we're pretty tired, duh. I make dinner, we eat, and maybe watch a movie. By then it's about 8:30pm and it's time to start getting ready for bed. My son goes to his room to read for a bit while I stoke up the fire for the night, shut down the computers, turn off the lights and I head to my bed to read.

9:30pm I'm turning out my light and I'm off to sleep.

Some days vary. Wednesdays we go to the bookmobile and post office around 1pm. We do school Sunday - Thursday and do our weekly grocery shopping on Fridays. It's kind of a pain in the rear to go shopping and do school in the same day.

So that's it, that's our routine. Pretty simple huh?

Have a great day!

No comments: